We, the administrator, or the retailer of this plan may provide products and supplementary services at a reduced price from time to time, for your consideration.
Coconut Home Care
THE FOLLOWING GENERAL CONDITIONS OF THE SERVICE CONTRACT ("THE PLAN") CONSTITUTE A LEGAL CONTRACT BETWEEN US, YOU, AND THE ADMINISTRATOR (AS DEFINED BELOW). THIS PLAN REQUIRES YOU TO TO RESOLVE ALL DISPUTES WITH US THROUGH OBLIGATORY OR INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION OR THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT, AND LIMITS OUR RESPONSIBILITY TOWARDS YOU. READ THE PLAN ENTIRELY AND ATTENTIVELY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ONE OF THE STIPULATIONS, DON'T USE THE SERVICES OFFERED BY THE PLAN.
1. DEBTOR: The company engaged under this plan is: Coconut, whose address is 8777 route Transcanadienne, Saint-Laurent, QC, H4R 2P1 and whose phone number is 514-974-6835.
2. DEFINITIONS: Throughout this Plan, the following words have the following meanings: (1) "we", "our" and "ours" refer to the company bound by this plan, as indicated in the Debtor section of the plan; (2) "you" and "your" refer to the person who purchased this plan for residential or personal use; (3) "administrator" refers to: Coconut. The administrator can be contacted at this address: 8777 route Transcanadienne, Saint-Laurent, QC, H4R 2P1 or by phone, at 514-974-6835. (4) "retailer" refers to the retailer of this Plan; (5) "covered products" refers to the listed eligible item(s) in section V.(a) of this Plan which you own and are covered by this plan; (6) "breakage" refers to the mechanical or electrical failure of the covered product caused by: defects in materials and/or manufacturing; electrical surge; normal wear and tear; dust, heat or humidity; and unintentional and accidental damage resulting from handling as a result of normal use ("ADH") for laptops, tablets, portable DVD/Blu-ray players, portable gaming devices, portable devices, headphones, virtual reality headsets, and printer display screens only; and (7) "replacement product" refers to a NEW, RENOVATED, OR REMANUFACTURED PRODUCT OF EQUAL OR SIMILAR FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITIES THAT MEET FACTORY SPECIFICATIONS OF THE ORIGINAL COVERED PRODUCT
Advances in technology may result in a replacement product with a lower selling price than the original product.
3. INSTRUCTIONS: This Plan, including the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions, and your enrollment confirmation, as well as the start date of this Plan, constitutes the entire agreement between you and us. Please keep this Plan and the registration confirmation for future reference; you might need it to get the service. The Covered Product(s) must be in good working order prior to your enrollment in this plan. You must follow the instructions found in the owner's manual for the proper use, care and maintenance of the covered product(s). Failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions, maintenance and service guidelines may result in denial of coverage under this plan. We strongly recommend (but do not require as a condition of this Plan) the regular backup of data and software. If applicable, it is important that you back up all data files on your Covered Product before service begins; repairs to your Covered Product may result in the deletion of these data files.
4. DURATION OF COVERAGE: The duration of the plan and of the monthly billing for it begins on the enrollment date shown on your membership and continues month-to-month until the time of cancellation. There is a thirty (30) day waiting period after the plan has started, before coverage takes effect and you can submit a claim for relief. COVERAGE UNDER THE PLAN COMES INTO EFFECT THIRTY-ONE (31) DAYS AFTER THE START OF YOUR PLAN TERM; NO SERVICE WILL BE PROVIDED DURING THE INITIAL THIRTY (30) DAYS OF THE PLAN. If this plan is terminated, coverage will continue for thirty (30) days after the date of cancellation. There will be no lapse of coverage if you move within the retailer's service area, provided you continue to enroll in the plan and notify us of the move. In the event that your covered product is under maintenance by us at the expiration of this plan, the term of this plan will be extended until the covered repair has been completed and the covered product has been delivered to you.
5. WHAT IS COVERED: This plan covers replacement costs or the costs of parts and labor to repair your covered product in the event of a failure that is not covered by any insurance policy, warranty or other service contract, up to the Plan Liability Limits in Section X. If your Covered Product experiences a failure, we will, at our discretion: (1) repair the covered product, (2) replace the covered product with a replacement product, (3) reimburse you for authorized repair costs for the covered product or (4) reimburse you in the form of a gift card or check for the replacement cost of the covered product, as determined by us, based on the replacement value, age, and condition of the covered product, as determined by us, immediately prior to failure. Non-original parts may be used for the repair of the covered product. We, the administrator, or the retailer of this plan may make additional discounted products and services available from time to time for your consideration. On-site, depot, or in-store service may be available; The administrator will notify you which type of service you are covering qualifies for when you file your claim.
a) COVERED PRODUCTS: This Plan covers an unlimited quantity of the following products, of any size, age, and brand, as shown below.
b) Home office:
▪ Desktop computers, laptops, and tablets (collectively referred to as "PC"). Each PC may include (1) one of each of the following accessories: an associated external monitor, keyboard (wired or wireless), mouse (wired or wireless), modem, and external desktop speaker set (wired)
▪ . PCs eligible for coverage under this Plan are those equipped with a version of the Windows operating system Windows 7 or higher or Android version 1.6 or higher and Apple computers which are equipped with an Apple operating system version OS X (10) or newer or Chrome OS.
▪ Home routers (wired or wireless)
▪ External hard drives
▪ Printers and multifunction printers
▪ LCD, Plasma, or LED televisions (collectively referred to as "televisions"). TVs include coverage for the original remote control.
▪ Gaming systems. Gaming systems include original remote controls.
▪ DVD players, Blu-ray players, and portable DVD players (collectively referred to as "DVD players").
▪ A home theater, which includes any of the following if purchased as a set: receiver, sound bar, speakers, Blu-Ray player, amplifier, subwoofer, and tuner (collectively referred to as a "home theater system in a box” or "home theater systems in a box”).
▪ Speakers compatible with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
▪ Audio/video streaming devices
▪ Virtual reality headsets
Smart home products:
▪ Smart device hubs
▪ Smart light dimmers
▪ Smart thermostats
▪ Smart smoke detectors
▪ Smart door locks
▪ Smart home security cameras
▪ Smart video doorbells
▪ Smart carbon dioxide detectors
▪ All of the above "Smart" products must use one of the following home networking solutions to be eligible for this
▪ Plan: Wi-Fi enabled, ZigBee, Z-Wave, Insteon, or Thread Group.
Personal portable devices:
• Health and fitness bands
• Smart watches
c) TRANSPORT SERVICE: If the covered product requires service, we may ask you to take it to an authorized repair center. Non-original parts may be used for the repair of the covered product.
d) ON-SITE SERVICE: If the covered product requires on-site service, an adult (18 years or older) must be present during the time the service is being done. You must provide a safe and non-threatening environment for our technicians in order to benefit from on-site service. If our technicians determine that certain repairs cannot be made where the product is located and that it must be repaired elsewhere, this plan will cover the costs of shipping and handling. Covered Products installed in cabinets and other types of built-in applications are eligible for service as long as you make the covered product reasonably accessible to the technician. We are not responsible for disassembly or reinstallation of furniture or fixed infrastructure when removing or reinstalling repaired or replaced covered products in furniture or cabinetry. Non-original parts may also be used for the repair of the covered product.
e) REPAIR CENTER SERVICE : If the Covered Product is not repaired on-site, it will be shipped to a designated repair center. We will send you a prepaid shipping label and instructions for shipping your covered product to our authorized service center. Non-original parts may be used for the repair of the covered product.
f) REPLACEMENT PRODUCTS AND REIMBURSEMENTS: If we choose to provide you with a replacement product, we reserve the right to become the owner of the original covered product. We may ask you to return or send photos of the original covered product for inspection as a condition of receiving a replacement or refund. You will be charged the shipping and handling charges associated with the return of the original Covered Product.
6. HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM: In the event of a failure of your covered product, at least thirty-one (31) days after the start of the term, you can file a complaint by going online at shop.coconut.com, twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, or by calling 514-974-6835. You must file your claim before being served; any repairs or replacements must be authorized in advance. Unauthorized repairs or replacements may not be covered. If your covered product requires service, a service charge for each approved claim may apply, as described in Section VIII. We may ask you to complete a complaint facilitation form and/or provide a copy of your state or federal issued photo ID, other than a professional or student license or documentary evidence. identity, before receiving a service or replacement or refund for product coverage. Any abuse by you of this Plan, including, but not limited to, filing a claim for a product not owned by you, may result in cancellation of this Plan. The cost of repairing or replacing the Covered Product cannot exceed the Available Balance of Funds under the Aggregate Claim Limit as set out in Section X. All claims under this Plan must be reported to us within sixty (60) days after the cancelation of this plan.
7. INTERNATIONAL SERVICE: Service under this plan is not available outside of Canada and the United States.
8. SERVICE FEES: In the event of failure of your covered product, you must pay a service charge plus applicable tax charges, as set out in the service fee chart below. Service charges must be paid and received before service is provided and can be paid with a valid debit or credit card. No service charges apply for the repair or replacement of stand-alone routers, external hard drives, original remote controls, PC or gaming system accessories, DVD players, streaming devices, smart device hubs, smart dimmers, smart smoke detectors or smart carbon monoxide detectors, however, the associated costs will apply to your aggregate claim limit under Section X.
Covered Products Service fees
Smart Door Locks, Smart Home Security Cameras, Smart Thermostats, Smart Video Doorbells, Headphones, and Health & Fitness Bands
PCs, printers, televisions, gaming systems, home theater systems in a box, connected Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, virtual reality headsets, and smartwatches.
10. PAYMENT: You agree to pay the monthly fee for this Plan, which was disclosed to you at the time you signed up for it. The monthly fee, plus applicable taxes, will be billed monthly to the credit or debit card you provided when you registered. Non-payment on your part will result in cancellation of the Plan. It is your responsibility to ensure that payments are made. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of the plan.
11. LIMITS OF THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PLAN :
a) LIMIT PER CLAIM: The maximum amount we will pay for a single claim on a covered product is $2,000.00; our liability in the event of a single claim, the lesser of the cost of: (i) authorized repairs; (ii) replacement by a product replacement; (iii) reimbursement of authorized repairs or replacements; or (iv) the replacement value of the covered goods produced, as determined by us, up to the limit per claim under this plan of $ 2,000.00.
b) ANNUAL LIMIT ON CLAIMS: The maximum amount that we will pay for all claims made during any consecutive twelve (12) month period is $5,000.00. The rolling twelve (12) month period begins on the date of your first claim. If you reach the $5,000 aggregate claim limit, this Plan will be canceled as described in X. (c) below.
c) IF YOU MEET OR SURPASS THE ANNUAL LIMIT: If you reach the pre-established annual claim limit and the product requires additional repairs, we may be able to provide you with information on how to have the product repaired. However, we will not be responsible for the costs associated with such repairs. In such an event, your subscription to this plan will terminate and no future monthly fees will be due. A covered claim will apply to your Aggregate Claim Limit for twelve (12) months after the end of the Claim, at which time that Claim will be removed from your Account and that Claim, or associated costs will be added back to your Total Complaint Balance Limit.
d) IF YOU RE-REGISTER OR CHANGE YOUR PACKAGE: If you purchase another plan offered by the retailer for which we are the debtor, the cost of any claims made under that plan will be deferred and will apply to the new plan's set claim limit. If you cancel this plan and re-enroll at a later date, the cost of any claims made under this plan within twelve (12) months of your re-enrollment date will remain in your account and will apply to the entire limit of complaint when you re-register.
12. REGISTRATION OF COVERED DEVICES: Registration of your devices is required. You must register the covered products on our websitE, shop.coconut.com. As mentioned above, you will be able to make a complaint from the THIRTY-ONE (31) days following the registration of your new device.
13. EXCLUSIONS : The plan does not cover the following:
a) Consecutive damage or loss, special or consecutive breakage, including, but not limited to, loss of use, loss of business, loss of profit, loss of data, downtime and costs for time and the efforts;
b) Conditions that already existed when you subscribed to the plan
c) Cosmetic defects, damage or failure of non-operational components which do not prevent the proper functioning and performance of a covered product, including, but not limited to: decorative parts, decorative finish, finish defects , non-functional plastic, gaskets, attachments and accessories (unless stated otherwise herein);
d) Failure resulting from improper installation or configuration, use not approved by the manufacturer's specifications, unauthorized modifications, alterations, repairs or repair personnel;
e) Failure due to a design or systemic manufacturing defect, or failure covered by a manufacturer's warranty or recall in effect at the time of the failure;
f) Failure caused by force majeure or other disaster (whether natural, man-made, local or catastrophic), abuse, acts of war, civil unrest, corrosion, dirt, mold, dust, earthquake, fire , hail, insects or other animals, liquid immersion, malicious intent, abuse, neglect, nuclear accident, riot, rust, sand, smoke, storm, terrorist attack, vandalism, wind;
g) Costs associated with the installation or removal of any product
h) Products that do not belong to you, products that are rented and rented, or products that are not ordinarily located in your specified residence;
i) Failure that occurs either during storage of the Covered Product or during transit, delivery or reshipment, other than when located at our designated repair depot;
j) Normal periodic or preventive maintenance, inspections, cleaning or tune-ups, minor adjustments and parameters described in the owner's manual that the user may perform, or the costs associated with any service request resulting in customer education or no problem found;
k) Covered products for which the serial number has been changed or removed
l) Theft or loss of the covered product;
m) Liability or damage to property, or personal injury, or death to any person resulting from the operation, maintenance, or use of the product;
n) Accessories for special needs including, but not limited to: handset amplifiers and visual ringer indicators;
o) Parts intended for periodic replacement, including, but not limited to: batteries (except for annual laptop batteries), light bulbs, external power supplies, styluses, antennas, cartridges;
p) Data or software of any kind that is deleted or damaged during repair or replacement under this Plan;
q) Software support or repair, loss or damage to software for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to: computer virus, adware, spyware, firmware or any other software program;
r) Images etched and pixel failure within design specifications or which do not materially alter the product Functionality;
s) PCs that do not have administrator permissions. Covered PCs must be able to upload and download software.
14. RENEWING: This plan renews itself monthly, except if it is canceled.
15. TRANSFER: This plan is transferable. It is possible to transfer your current Plan to your next device.
16. CANCELATION: This plan is provided on a monthly basis and can be canceled by you at any time for any reason by notifying Coconut at 8777 route Transcanadienne, Saint-Laurent, QC, H4R 2P1, or by calling 514-974-6835. This plan may be canceled by us or the administrator for any reason by notifying you in writing at least thirty (30) days before the date the cancelation is effective, which notice must indicate the date effective and the reason for the cancellation. If the Plan is canceled: (a) by you within thirty (30) days of receiving this plan, you will receive a full refund of all monthly plan payments you have made under this plan, minus the cost of any claims that have been paid or repairs that have been made; or (b) by you after thirty (30) days of receipt of this plan, or canceled by us or the administrator at any time, you will receive a refund equal to 100% of the prorated amount of the unearned portion of the monthly Plan fee, less the cost of any claims that have been paid or repairs made. If canceled by you, us or the administrator, after the effective date of the you will receive free coverage for an additional thirty (30) days after the date of cancellation of this plan. All claims under this Plan must be reported to us within sixty (60) days of cancellation of the Plan.
17. MODIFICATIONS TO THE PLAN: WE MAY CHANGE THE MONTHLY PLAN FEES, PLAN ADMINISTRATION, OR THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FROM TIME TO TIME WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS OF WRITTEN NOTICE TO YOU. SUCH A NOTICE MAY BE PROVIDED BY MAIL OR SEPARATE EMAIL OR BY ANY OTHER REASONABLE METHOD. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE AMENDED FEES OR CONDITIONS OF THE AGREEMENT, YOU MAY CANCEL THE PLAN BY NOTICE TO US OR THE ADMINISTRATOR AT ANY TIME IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. PAYMENT OF ANY APPLICABLE FEES BY YOU, OR OF A REQUEST FOR SERVICE UNDER THE PLAN, AFTER RECEIVING THIS NOTICE OF A CHANGE IN FEES OR OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED TO BE CONSIDERED BY YOU TO THE CHANGE(S) OF FEES, TERMS OR CONDITIONS.
18. LIMITS OF RESPONSIBILITY : IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PLAN DEBTOR, ADMINISTRATOR OR RETAILER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INJURY OR BODILY LOSS OF REVENUES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE IMPLEMENTATION, PROVISION OF THE PLAN, REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF WARRANTIES PRODUCED UNDER THE PLAN AND CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, ERROR, ERROR OR OMISSION ON THE PART OF THE DEBTOR OR ADMINISTRATOR PLAN OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR SUBCONTRACTORS.
19. FORCE MAJEURE: We are not responsible for any delay or failure in the execution of any part of this plan to the extent that such delay or failure is caused by fire, flood, explosion, war, strike, embargo, government requirement, civil or military authority agency requirement, acts of God, or other similar causes beyond our control.
20. NON-WAIVER: Our failure, under any circumstances, to require strict compliance with any term or condition of this plan shall not be deemed to be a waive on our part of such term or condition in any other circumstance or any other term or condition in this plan.
9376-3464 Québec Inc. (Coconut)
8777 route Transcanadienne, Saint-Laurent, QC, H4S 1Z6
© 2021 Coconut • All rights reserved